food poverty

i am gonna go so goddamn broke eating in this city
there's way too much good food for my own good
from the awesome falafel/schawarma place in greenwich village
to the halal and mexican carts everywhere
shit's gonna drive me to the poor house
[at least i'm taking the most delicious way there]

i'm currently on a quest to get all my semester books from the city libraries
cuz, as interesting as some of these might be,
i'm not spending any money to get ahold of them
i got about half of them from the nypl
and, i gotta say this,
the main building [the one with the lions] is kinda underwhelming
i was expecting a bit more pomp and stuff in it
don't get me wrong, it's an awesome building with great architecture
[it'd be better if the façade wasn't hidden by scaffolding]
i was just expecting a main hall more like the nyu library
but damn, do they have a good selection of books
i could get used to a place with a library that isn't smaller than my house

in other social news,
i seem to to actually be making some friends out here
which, trust me, is a shock to you and me both
there are some pretty chill people in this program
[chill meaning when we're not in class, we talk about things besides labor]
we've all hung out and had some pretty good times
so at least i've got that to look forward to this semester
better than living out in brooklyn/queens by myself,
and not seeing anyone besides maureen on the off chance she's home

also?
there's a hurricane a–comin'
how it makes me miss the good ol' days

0 comments:

Post a Comment