closing remarks

i'm in the final stretches of my internship right now
as we speak,
i'm taking a lunch break from my final project
as soon as i finish eating,
we're heading upstairs to get this conference underway
man, this shit is over way too quickly
it seriously doesn't feel like i've spent four months in this city
i feel like i was sitting in my orientation sessions yesterday
listening to them talk about what a good time i would have,
and walking through manhattan on my own for the first times in years

i feel like i got the best deal of all the interns in the program
i clicked with my mentor right away
we're on the same wavelength with almost everything we do:
he gave me some incredibly interesting work to do,
he knew how and when to challenge me,
we had some really great, in depth conversations,
and we've had an awesome time doing it
i've never had a boss like him before,
and i'm really gonna miss this place when i'm gone

i've made some really good connections in this city
met lots of really interesting people in all facets of the labor movement,
and gotten to see what life is actually like for union members
i spent my entire time working on projects that are supposed to enrich them
and, even though i was only involved in side roles through most of it,
i felt like i personally had a role in giving them a valuable education
i don't particularly care what the other interns say,
i think i had the best internship with the best mentor of anyone in the program
i feel like i've probly taken the most away from it,
and it's given some dimension and direction to my life
i wouldn't trade this internship for anything




HEY, HEY, WHADDAYA SAY?
1199 IS HERE TO STAY

0 comments:

Post a Comment